Looking for the proper summer time vacation spot close to Lake Michigan? Then, my buddy, you’ve landed on the appropriate web page! I’m completely happy you might be right here since you’ll get to learn probably the greatest guides on the place to remain in Traverse City!
The finest place to remain in Traverse City is Downtown! Here you’ll discover the highest Traverse City accommodations, nice eating places, and fabulous points of interest! But concern not, when you don’t really feel like town heart is for you, I’ve acquired 2 extra areas, one close to the Country Club and the opposite one good for seaside lovers; South Traverse City and West End Beach.
Make positive you stick round till the top as a result of I’ve added a few bonus sections with some fantastic accommodations in Traverse City close to Keith J. Charters State Park and the highest VRBOs within the metropolis!
And since we’re on the accommodations’ chapter, I’ve to let you realize that these boutique accommodations and resorts promote out quick! Book yours upfront to keep away from dropping your favourite room with a view of Traverse Bay!
I feel we’re all prepared to start out this digital journey now, let’s go!
If you might be in a rush
I do know a few of you might be able to e book proper now. So right here’s an inventory of the perfect accommodations in Traverse City, all positioned in Downtown
An Airbnb with wonderful opinions
Best Western Plus
Best inexpensive lodging within the heart
Check out this wonderful map! It will allow you to visualize all of the areas the place to remain in Traverse City that I’ll discuss within the publish:
1. Downtown – the place to remain in Traverse City for the primary time
This Northern Michigan city is among the finest locations for an extended trip! With a lot of sandy seashores and a wonderful Downtown space full of enjoyable points of interest and boutique accommodations, Traverse City will turn out to be one among your favourite vacation spots!
You can begin your exploration proper within the heart of Downtown Traverse City. There you’ll dive into the city’s cultural facet and discover many boutique shops and eating places the place you’ll be able to relaxation your toes and plan the following journey.
Another bonus? The Boardman River surrounds the entire Downtown space, so that you don’t even must go to the seaside to catch a scenic sundown!
Just earlier than we transfer on to the following bit and discuss all of the accommodations in Traverse City, it’s best to know that you simply’ll must e book your lodging tremendous upfront. Otherwise, you may miss your likelihood to remain at your favourite boutique lodge!
Set in a lovely neo-classical mansion from 1905, this lodging has a central location and lots of trendy facilities together with non-public baths, and a few even have air-jetted whirlpools! This boutique lodge options spacious rooms embellished with vintage furnishings and trendy facilities like flat-screen TVs.
Other lodging choices in Downtown
Set inside strolling distance from the seaside, this contemporary lodge has an indoor pool, a sizzling tub, and a health heart
This Traverse City lodge comes with cozy rooms, a heated indoor swimming pool, and a free breakfast
A brilliant snug and spacious apartment conveniently positioned close to the seaside that has a kitchen and free wifi
Top accommodations for households in Downtown Traverse City
Coming with the entire household to Downtown Traverse City, MI? I’ve acquired you coated! I feel town heart is nice for households as you’ll have the whole lot you want in proximity plus there’s a variety of accommodations with all of the amenities your loved ones may want. So right here’s an inventory of the highest locations to remain within the Downtown space for you!
- Luxury: Hygge – This vacation house is so good for you and the household! It’s tremendous cozy, and it’s set inside strolling distance from the seashores and eating places! Each room has elegant decor and the home additionally has a kitchen and a patio with backyard views!
- Mid Range: Delamar Traverse City – A superb lodge in Traverse City with all of the amenities you and the youngsters will want, together with an indoor swimming pool, a sizzling tub, and rooms with flat-screen TVs. Delamar Traverse City affords nice views of Grand Traverse Bay and has an on-site restaurant.
- Budget: Bayshore Resort – Fancy a lodge on the seaside? Bayshore Resort has a non-public seaside space and spacious household rooms with non-public balconies. During the day, it’s also possible to loosen up within the indoor pool or sizzling tub! I’m positive the youngsters can be busy taking part in within the video games room!
- Airbnb: Beautiful Condo – Offering tremendous metropolis views and plenty of area, this family-friendly apartment in Downtown Traverse City comes with 3 rooms, a kitchen, a balcony, and free wifi.
Things to do in Downtown
- Visit the historic City Opera House
- Eat a scrumptious dinner at Bubba’s restaurant
- Enjoy the river views at Union Street Dam
- Buy a lot of souvenirs from the Cherry Republic Gift Shop
- Spend a enjoyable day on Clinch Park Sandy Beach
- Check out the Dennos Museum Center at Northwestern Michigan College
- Explore Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore and its rolling hills of sand
2. South Traverse City – finest place to remain close to the Country Club
If you’re planning a calming getaway to Traverse City and also you’ve heard that they’ve a wonderful nation membership, stick round for a number of moments as a result of I’m about to give you a wonderful listing of accommodations within the space!
Located in South Traverse City, a extra tranquil a part of town, the nation membership has turn out to be the last word vacation spot for vacationers and locals to loosen up, play some golf and benefit from the city.
The space itself is fairly chill, and in addition to the Country Club, you received’t discover many points of interest save for a number of eating places and the Boardman River that’s proper subsequent door. People who’re into outside actions and spending time in nature can also contemplate staying in South Traverse City as you’ll discover a number of mountain climbing trails within the space proper subsequent to the river!
Sadly there aren’t any seashores on this a part of the city, however you’ll be able to at all times head to Downtown Traverse City to hit the sandy seashores and admire the views of Grand Traverse Bay! Clinch Park Beach is barely 2 miles (3 km) away.
By the best way, when you’re planning to go to different locations in Michigan, I feel the following cease ought to be at one of many hotels in Detroit. That metropolis is so unimaginable!
Now let’s try the lodging and boutique accommodations on this space:
This lodge has rooms with wood components, and a few even include non-public balconies! Everyone will love the indoor water park, plus the seasonal outside pool and indoor pool can’t be crushed. The lodge affords loads of actions for adults and children, and though it doesn’t have an on-site spa, it does have amenities like a sizzling tub and a health heart to get pleasure from.
Other lodging choices in South Traverse City
Perfect for a romantic trip, this non-public place has a kitchen, free wifi, and a sauna for its company
A brilliant inexpensive inn that gives rooms with snug beds, an indoor pool, and a free parking spot
This house is so trendy and it has a lot of area that it comes with a front room, a kitchen, and a balcony
Things to do in South Traverse City
- Relax on the Country Club
- Explore the Boardman Lake Trail
- Try some whiskey at Traverse City Whiskey Co.
- Spend a enjoyable evening at Lucky Jack’s Bowling Center
- Take a visit to Elk Lake or Spider Lake
- Shop till you drop at Cherryland Center
- Grab a drink at Right Brain Brewery
3. West End Beach – the place to remain in Traverse City on the water
Great for vacationers who wish to be on the seaside 24/7, this space affords many benefits!
The first one? Well, the seaside, in fact, however that’s not it. You’ll be tremendous near town heart space! The better of each worlds when you ask me!
West End Beach is normally full of locals. They all come right here to chill off through the sizzling summer time days and admire the views of West Grand Traverse Bay. The seaside is fairly peaceable and only a fantastic spot to spend your vacation within the metropolis.
You’ll nonetheless discover some eating places, taverns, and even boutique shops round West End Beach. But as I discussed, you’ll be able to at all times head Downtown when you run out of choices. There are loads of locations there which you could attempt earlier than leaving Traverse City!
Now let’s try the perfect boutique accommodations in Traverse City, West End Beach!
Set proper close to the seaside and West Grand Traverse Bay, this house has many amenities and an excellent location! Perfect for a bunch of 4 the lodging has a completely outfitted kitchen, a eating space, and flat-screen TVs. After a full day on the seaside, gentle up the fireplace pit and stargaze!
Other lodging choices in West End Beach
Hotel Indigo Traverse City is a superb midpriced possibility with an on-site restaurant, a enterprise heart, and fabulous rooms
Such a cute and distinctive cottage! At a good worth, you get a non-public rest room and free wifi
This modernized loft has such an excellent type, a spacious room, and a television, and it affords free parking!
Things to do in West End Beach
- Go for a swim at West Bay Beach
- Grab dinner at Sleder’s Family Tavern
- Check out the tennis courts in Veteran’s Park
- Admire the views of the West Grand Traverse Bay
- Shop for souvenirs at Zany Consignment Boutique West
- Visit the Chateau Grand Traverse Winery on the Old Mission Peninsula
|👑 Luxury worth:||$300|
|💵 Mid Range:||$200|
|💰 Accommodation costs:||Medium|
|📍 Best space:||Downtown|
|👪 Best space for households:||Downtown|
|🛎️ Best luxurious lodge:||Wellington Inn|
|💵 Best mid-range lodge:||Cambria Hotel Traverse City|
|👛 Best funds lodge:||Best Western Plus|
BONUS 1: Best accommodations close to Keith J. Charters Traverse City State Park
Just 2 miles (3 km) away from Downtown you’ll discover the gorgeous Keith J. Charters Traverse City State Park! This nature oasis is an superior place to go to throughout your keep in Traverse City, particularly when you’re into outside actions.
That’s why I made a decision to give you an inventory of the perfect resorts and accommodations in Traverse City close to the park, for anybody who desires to be as shut as potential and never waste any time on the highway!
NOTE: During the summer time months (June, July, and August) the lodge costs are round $100 larger!
Luxury (US$200 and up)
- Cherry Tree Inn and Suites – With a waterfront location on the East Bay, Cherry Tree Inn is ready solely a 20-minute stroll from the Park. The beachfront lodging affords enjoyable actions for all ages and distinctive views of the Old Mission Peninsula hills and East Grand Traverse Bay. When you’re not exploring the park, go for a dip within the indoor swimming pool, chill within the sizzling tub or play with the youngsters within the video games room or within the nautical-themed playground!
Mid Range (US$120 – US$200)
- The Baywatch Resort – Enjoy your morning espresso on the balcony of your room at this implausible resort that gives nice views of East Grand Traverse Bay! The suites are tremendous vibrant and include a espresso machine and free Wi-Fi. Keith J. Charters Traverse City State Park is ready solely a 10-minute stroll away!
- Grand Beach Resort – Set proper on the seaside, this lodging has household rooms and it offers a every day continental breakfast that can get you began for a brand new day! Grand Traverse Resort comes with an indoor swimming pool and a sizzling tub, and it’s positioned a 10-minute stroll away from the Park.
- Sugar Beach Resort Hotel – There’s nothing like a getaway on the seaside to make one neglect about the whole lot and everybody! Enjoy your time in Traverse City whereas staying at Sugar Beach Resort Hotel, which is positioned a 10-minute stroll away from the Park. The lodging affords a non-public seaside space, household rooms, and nice East Grand Traverse Bay views.
BONUS 2: Top Vrbos in Traverse City
Traveling with the entire household or possibly with a big group of associates to Traverse City and wish to keep in a shared home? Don’t fear, I’ve acquired you!
Below you’ll discover 3 implausible trip leases close to Downtown Traverse City and the Grand Traverse Bay that can be good in your journey. These VRBOs are listed from most to least costly with costs starting from US$900 to US$250.
- Modern House – Your dwelling away from dwelling! This tremendous spacious family-friendly home is ready close to the waterfront of West Traverse Bay, and it’s outfitted with a kitchen, a eating space, and a patio. The lodging can match as much as 10 folks and has a balcony!
- West Bay Condo – If you favor trendy and freshly constructed lodging, then you definately’ll love this one! The apartment can match as much as 6 folks, and it’s positioned inside strolling distance of Downtown Traverse City. Enjoy your morning espresso whereas admiring the views of Grand Traverse Bay.
- Cozy Home – Comfortable and inexpensive! This lodging can be close to Downtown and the waterfront space. The apartment has room for six folks, and it has all the required amenities like a kitchen, a patio, and a eating space.
Frequently requested questions on accommodations in Traverse City
🍷 What is Traverse City identified for?
Traverse City is effectively referred to as the “Cherry Capital of the World”, because it affords scrumptious cherries productions however that’s not it. The Traverse City space can be identified for producing the perfect wine within the nation.
📅 How many days do you want in Traverse City?
I feel 3 or 4 days ought to be sufficient to discover all the principle points of interest within the metropolis, chill on the seaside and likewise go to the State Park if you need!
🏨 What are the perfect resorts in Traverse City?
🎰 Does Traverse City have a on line casino?
Already in love with this fabulous city close to Lake Michigan? Then the sensation is mutual!
I hope this publish helped you determine that are the perfect areas the place to remain in Traverse City, which boutique accommodations to choose, and what exercise to do first!
The article has tons of helpful info and an in depth information to the highest areas and accommodations in Traverse City plus a bonus part with some implausible resorts and boutique accommodations in Traverse City close to Keith J. Charters State Park!
I do know that’s an entire lotta content material and lots of lodge choices! But belief me, it’s higher to be ready! However, when you’re as indecisive as I’m, listed here are my prime 2 favourite accommodations, each positioned in Downtown Traverse City:
- Wellington Inn – A superb boutique lodge set in a neo-classical mansion from 1905 that has spacious rooms with non-public loos with air-jetted whirlpools
- Cambria Hotel – The good mid-range possibility close to the seaside that comes with an indoor pool and a sizzling tub
As I discussed these are among the finest resorts and accommodations in Traverse City! I like to recommend reserving them upfront to keep away from the tremendous costly offers and get your favourite room!
This is the place I say my goodbyes! As at all times, it has been a pleasure and I hope you may have the perfect journey round Lake Michigan and the Old Mission Peninsula!
If you’ve acquired any questions on Traverse City’s points of interest or accommodations, depart me a remark under and I’ll reply them ASAP!