SAME SAME BUT DIFFERENT is a documentary from Toïne Haverkamp that explores what backpacking is, throughout a nine-month …
journey, #Documentary #Backpacking #Travel #Solo #Travel #Stories, how one can journey southeast asia month,how one can journey low-cost,south east asia,journey southeast asia for much less,southeast asia low-cost,how one can journey south east asia,funds journey,shoestring journey,backpacking,journey southeast asia,southeast asia journey ideas,a map for saturday,funds southeast asia,southeast asia journey funds,travelling southeast asia,information to southeast asia,backpacking southeast asia,how one can solo journey,journey vlogger,journey documentary,how one can #travelonlinetips #travelonlinetipsofficial

39 thoughts on “SAME SAME BUT DIFFERENT: A Documentary About Backpacking | How To Travel Alone – Solo Travel Stories

• July 15, 2022 at 10:35 am

As an Indian, I laughed out loud when I heard India being described like the final boss level of backpacking 😂. Sometimes I forget how chaotic and different India can be to foreigners. Seeing the culture I see every day in a backpacking video feels strange, almost funny actually. The things so normal to me is “exotic” or different to foreigners! Haha, great video man. I liked seeing the south East Asia cultures. It was interesting.

• July 15, 2022 at 10:35 am

backpacking is what I always do, even on short breaks. I never liked "normal" holidays and prefer solo travelling just meeting all kinds of people from all over

• July 15, 2022 at 10:35 am

Fucking brilliant! This was an amazing watch, and these budget types of trips are really what I was going for when I started out being a digital nomad. Like your friend, it’s 28L and poor planning for me lol

• July 15, 2022 at 10:35 am

Great documentary. It really made me nostalgic of my 20 something…. I am glad you had great backpacking experience in asia. It was before pandemic break out I suppose….. last two years has been difficult to travel around freely in asia.

• July 15, 2022 at 10:35 am

Thanks for this amazing and awesome documentary, it filled my heart with happiness and hope!! But, it made so saaaaad about your friend Nate 😢😢😢

• July 15, 2022 at 10:35 am

This was so very good. When I think of backpacking I think of hiking a trail and camping, and maybe sleeping at a hostel along the way if there is one available otherwise you're sleeping in your tent out in the woods. I never thought about visiting Southeast Asia until I watched this film. Now I'm curious about Myanmar. Thank you for taking us along on this journey, and I hope you have many more to share with us.

• July 15, 2022 at 10:35 am

Greeting everyone!!! Staying calm through the daily market price changes isn't an easy feeling to bottle in, With the current price I will advise investors to trade before the bull run, as I still strongly believe BTC is going to enter the $70kÚSD record before year ending, although that's my personal opinion. A lot of my friends who are holders are currently going crazy over the sudden drop in price and a follow up rise. Firstly, you aren't supposed to be emotionally entangled with the market charts / price. This is a good realization I worked towards correcting early last year, so it was never second-guessing when an opportunity as crypto trading came my way. With much energy channeled into trading bitcoin daily with the guide of an expert Mr. Rowe Edward, my portfolio went from approximate 3.2Bit coin to 18.4Bitcoin within a year. I will always suggest to newbie’s or old holders, Trade with an expert! It is truly easy, only requires your time and guide with a mentor like him. You can reach Edward through telegram : @EdwardRowe

• July 15, 2022 at 10:35 am

Why more travellers don't understand that the locals are the key to unlocking a place, not a lonely planet book is beyond me… other travellers are cool, but when most activities are based around drinking, it doesn't feel like an adventure until you venture out by yourself. It's an amazing video thanks

• July 15, 2022 at 10:35 am

I'm looking to be the next bunch of backpacker's who fancy going on an adventure of your life

• July 15, 2022 at 10:35 am

Such an amazing film! I was wondering what videocamera/phone you used to record this film, I want to record my journey as well (just so I can watch things back) but I am having trouble finding a good camera…

• July 15, 2022 at 10:35 am

“Same same, but different is a local saying in Hawaii. Interesting how you’re using it here.

• July 15, 2022 at 10:35 am

Hands down one of the very best documentaries on youtube, the pace, the mood, the interviews, the music…. Wonderful… When something has the ability to stir your emotions then it has to special. I stumbled upon this while searching for backpacking tips and was mesmerized. I really hope you make something now and then, I have recommended this to a lot of people. 😁

• July 15, 2022 at 10:35 am

Did you go to SpicyPai hostel? That was my favorite hostel in all of Thailand, I think I recognize it at 8:09.

• July 15, 2022 at 10:35 am

I so love the narration and your adventures! I came across your video while planning my trip to Thailand. Thanks for sharing your journey.

• July 15, 2022 at 10:35 am

Jeez, was not expecting such a sad disclosure at the end, to have your life so cut short, especially the person who is investing time in searching to expand their horizons to live better, and then die whilst doing that seems shocking. Regards to Nate’s family.

• July 15, 2022 at 10:35 am

When ever I travel India can't wait to get out and then can't wait to go back.

• July 15, 2022 at 10:35 am

This film is very is heartwarming to me because you have captured the experiences you can have while backpacking so well. With a smile I recall seeing these same places, thinking the same thoughts and meeting the same kind of souls. It really is Same Same but Different on many levels. I lost a childhood friend last year to brain cancer, we grew apart as adults and the news was very sudden. I chose to travel extensively around the world. He created a business and had a family so we ended up having a very different life. I am no more wiser about about life's decisions but I'd like to share a thought repeatedly crosses my mind whenever I travel. There is nothing more beautiful than simply seeing someone doing their thing. It can be the people you meet on the road or watching the locals living their lives. Without people and interactions every place would actually be the same. When you travel you never know what beautiful surprises will encounter, you just have to go. Thanks for making this video, sharing and inspiring people with this experience.