Anthony Bourdain's Love Letter To Vietnam

I don’t imagine in love at first sight. I feel you may make a case for love at first odor. And the smells of Vietnam are not like …
journey quotes, #Anthony #Bourdain39s #Love #Letter #Vietnam, anthony bourdain,elements unknown,no reservations,journey,exploration,journey,ef,schooling first,podcast,vietnam,cultures,tradition,expertise,journey overseas #travelonlinetips #travelonlinetipsofficial

22 thoughts on “Anthony Bourdain's Love Letter To Vietnam

• August 13, 2022 at 2:47 am

I feel the same way about my experience in Vietnam. Life has yet to be the same. Will be back soon 🙂

• August 13, 2022 at 2:47 am

This is a gem of a conversation and kudos to the team, especially for the sound designer. Like many, I admired Anthony Bourdain and it give some insights into his being and how he saw and experienced Vietnam.

• August 13, 2022 at 2:47 am

Having lived in Southeast Asia mostly Thailand over the last twenty years I can relate to his love of Vietnam. After nearly two years trapped in America hoping by morning, I will finally return home. Barely a moment I do not think of this place.

• August 13, 2022 at 2:47 am

Anthony lived and died with the racial focus like asian noodles
    There just noodles….rip

• August 13, 2022 at 2:47 am

i been there working for 3 years the love of cause for the great food everyday. That why #Anthonybourdain like about. The morning vietnam drip coffee. Ban mi. Pho. Banh Xeo, Banh khot, Bun Bo Hue, Ga nuang, Banh cuon, can chay and much more. miss the time there.

• August 13, 2022 at 2:47 am

As an American chef, restaurateur, food writer and food presenter living in Vietnam for the past 22 years I could not agreed more. Everything chef Anthony Bourdain said is spot on and exactly how I have felt about Vietnam… Vietnam is a place you either love or hate. There is no in between about Vietnam, the country, the people, the food and culture. I've often try to tell friends back home in the US what it's like being here and most doesn't understand. Many think Vietnam is still a war, dangerous and living in poverty. To be honest the most dangerous thing you can do in Vietnam is crossing the road (due to the millions of motorbikes). Vietnam is no longer a poverty nation, it is one of the fastest growing economy in the world (fifth fastest according to the World Bank 2021). Chef Bourdain is right… There's nothing like sitting on a low plastic stool on a street corner drinking Vietnamese coffee (cafe sua da), eating a nice bowl of noodles and watching a mini movie in front of your eyes… literally. He wanted to move to Vietnam (Hoi An to be exact). I think we would still have him around if he actually did moved… I still get teary eyes listening to this every time.

• August 13, 2022 at 2:47 am

You should have bought that place in Vietnam. We would still be hearing your voice today.

• August 13, 2022 at 2:47 am

Everything he said is so true about Vietnam. I experienced it twice in 2019-2020. Each time and day my feelings evolved dramatically about it. By the time Covid swept across the world and not knowing what to do, I could only envision I would cry like a baby to have to leave it. When I did eventually go to the Da Nang Airport to board the plane in route to Japan, not a tear welled up in my eyes, I could only look at the skyline of Da Nang and smile. What generous and forgiving people the Vietnamese are. I will return.

• August 13, 2022 at 2:47 am

As i listen to this podcast, I realized how happy and in love he was with Vietname but at the same time lonely, desperated and scared that the people he loves won’t love Vietnam the same way as he does. I’m almost in tears when he said he would rather coming back to Vietnam alone… if only we knew sooner. Thank you Mr. Anthony for the love that you give to Vietnam. You’re being missed

• August 13, 2022 at 2:47 am

I wonder what EF has to do with Anthony Bourdain… they only offer cheap boring food to their students while on tour !

• August 13, 2022 at 2:47 am

Wow. It all makes sense now. Rest easy Anthony Bourdain you were a beacon of light in a dark cruel world. ❤️🥃

• August 13, 2022 at 2:47 am

when he spoke about his love for Vietnam, I can hear the sincerity and his genuine love in his voice and the way he speaks
    may you rest in peace, and find happiness in your next life

• August 13, 2022 at 2:47 am

So much honest insight from a genuine soul. His assuring voice is dearly missed.

• August 13, 2022 at 2:47 am

I have the same feelings as Anthony Bourdain had about Vietnam. Especially about eating spicy noodles and Vietnamese iced coffee ruining a typical eggs and bacon breakfast forever. I've been away from Vietnam for over 4 years now, and I really miss home. I miss waking up, spending an hour jogging, stopping by a Pho store and just enjoy the sounds of traffic and the cold morning air before going to work/school. To foreigners who are thinking about travelling to Vietnam: Once you taste our food and see our culture, your hearts will be stolen.