8 Easiest And Proven Ways To Get CRUISE CABIN UPGRADES

What is the most effective and best strategy to get a cruise cabin improve in your subsequent and future cruises? I focus on the 8 issues that I try this …
low-cost holidays, #Easiest #Proven #Ways #CRUISE #CABIN #UPGRADES, cruise upgrades,cruise cabin upgrades,cruise improve,cruise cabin improve,cruise ideas, get an improve,cabin improve,cruise cabin hacks,cruise ship cabins,how to decide on a cruise ship cabin,cruise ship cabin,cruise improve ideas,cruise cabin improve ideas,gary bembridge ideas for travellers,cruise ideas for travellers #travelonlinetips #travelonlinetipsofficial

41 thoughts on “8 Easiest And Proven Ways To Get CRUISE CABIN UPGRADES

• October 12, 2022 at 6:31 am

I was upgraded from a balcony to an AFT Junior Suite on RCI. I told them I needed a bathtub due to my medical condition at the time, and it worked. They wanted to speak to my doctor on the day at the last minute over the phone, and it paid off. I also asked nicely to go to the bridge for a private visit with the Captain and sat in his chair and it was fun. I pulled the cancer card. I am grateful to have survived and to RCI Australia for being so empathetic and accommodating.

• October 12, 2022 at 6:31 am

You know what happened to us only a month ago? Well we end up paying almost $600 to be alowed an upgrade from inside cabin in the Pacific Explorer (Australia), to a window (ocean view).
    I was sure that the P&O travel agent said that the 10 days cruise will be in a balcony well we had a massive shock when we opened the door and the cabin was the smallest cabin we had ever seen… Once the luggage was inside we could not walk inside de cabin.
    after a few visits to the service and they kept telling us that they could do NOTHING about it… And that we have to talk to the travel agent….
    And after 5 hours of unnecessary extreme extress we were told by out P&O travel agent that the only way of updating our cabin to one were we could at least walk from the bed to the toilet was by paying almost $600….
    Do we did and they put us in an ocean view (on of those with the window — no balcony just window)

• October 12, 2022 at 6:31 am

Princess upgraded my inside Lido deck to a mid ship inside lowest level. If they upgrade me again I will be below the water line.

• October 12, 2022 at 6:31 am

Hi Gary, thank you for the great information you provide! I am doing a trip from Australia next September which is organised with flights to Seattle, Yellowstone National park, then cruising to Canada and Alaska. Is it possible to obtain upgrades in this sort of situation. The Royal Caribbean is the cruise line . They changed the ship that they were initially using. Is it possible to contact them and request an upgrade?

• October 12, 2022 at 6:31 am

Sometimes being a Karen is the right situation can be a good thing

• October 12, 2022 at 6:31 am

I am looking forward to my first cruise!! I have viewed your videos and I still have questions. I am handicapped and do I made a reservations ahead of time?

• October 12, 2022 at 6:31 am

I’m sad royal changed their best price match guarantee policy 🙁 my first cruise and 2 days + some hours the prices went down by 1/3! They didn’t do anything 🙁

• October 12, 2022 at 6:31 am

I subscribed. Going on a chartered cruise on the Regal Princess (Rome to Athens) next week! Thank you for the tips. I like the 2nd day upgrade tip!

• October 12, 2022 at 6:31 am

Is it best to book with an Agent , Expedia or cruise line itself.

• October 12, 2022 at 6:31 am

Is the deal better for upgrade at the ship day OF than bidding? Im wondering if we can chose our upgrade day of at the ship. I dont want to end up under a night club or gym lol

• October 12, 2022 at 6:31 am

The guaranteed upgrade option is a win win for both the company and customer. Now I understand the reason behind it. Thanks for explaining it!

• October 12, 2022 at 6:31 am

Asking for an upgrade after seeing a price drop compared to when I paid for it did not work on TUI Cruises. They advised to send a email to their complaints departments. Have you (Gary) or anyone else in this community had experiences with TUI Cruises?

• October 12, 2022 at 6:31 am

We got a handicap cabin once by mistake… amazing! They told us we might be asked to leave if they needed it … if so they would upgrade what I thought was already an upgrade. Huge room.

• October 12, 2022 at 6:31 am

I don’t know if you read these comments so long after you’ve posted the video, but I wanted to tell you that I got off an Alaskan cruise a little over a week ago, and followed your tips. I booked four rooms that were ocean view. With these wonderful tips, and because the ship was not at full capacity, I was upgraded to four balcony rooms. The balcony rooms were not obstructed view, had cabins above and below them, and were just spectacular! Before watching your videos, I would have never known to try these tips! Thank you so much!

• October 12, 2022 at 6:31 am

For cruisers needing accessible cabins, I've learned that when cruise lines offer "free upgrades" as part of the package, you often can't get it. For example, when Princess offers an "upgrade," it is usually the same level cabin, but in what they consider a better location. There are no "better" locations for the HA cabins, so you won't get this perk. That said, we have been upgraded several times prior to needing the HA cabin, both free and for a small fee. And, on one cruise, we got a full refund by accepting a downgrade of our cabin. No, we weren't thrilled with the downgrade, but they'd had a corporate booking of many cabins and needs the balcony accessible that we had….and I couldn't argue with cruising free!

• October 12, 2022 at 6:31 am

I told Royal Caribbean how it was mine and my wife’s first anniversary and it was our honeymoon as COVID prevented us from taking a one earlier. They said, “Awh that’s nice.” Then tried to sell me a 100 dollar bottle of wine lol. No upgrade haha.

• October 12, 2022 at 6:31 am

So I should have complaints about the person next to our room who never slept and on the phone most of the time on speaker and have her tv on loud

• October 12, 2022 at 6:31 am

I think this was your best content to date. Excellent!! 🚢🚢🚢

• October 12, 2022 at 6:31 am

Thank you Gary for this great information. Since joining your channel I have been going through all your videos. We had a guaranteed stateroom for our cruise next month on HAL "Zaandam". I found out the rate went up a bit for our cruise so I did what you suggested. Called HAL and asked for an upgrade. They moved us from BC class to A class and gave us a preassigned stateroom midship on the Verandah deck. I learned to make sure it does not have an adjoining door and not above or underneath a noisy area of the ship (also away from elevators). I would have never known to do this unless I watched your videos. We not only landed a better location on the ship, but they assigned us our stateroom (which was not going to happen until just prior to embarkation). Thanks again.🚢

• October 12, 2022 at 6:31 am

Years ago I booked a cruise with Carnival and booked a cheap small interior room. My birthday fell on the 3rd day out. So, not realizing this is a big deal we arrived at Port And boarded. The number on my check in info was strange and bam! They’d upgraded us to a large balcony room. What a great surprise. No extra money but I did get embarrassed in the main dining hall when they sang happy birthday 🎉

• October 12, 2022 at 6:31 am

On cruise watch, how do I activate my email when I haven’t received any email from my cruise line asking me to activate?
    “This email was not activated yet. Please check your email inbox.”

• October 12, 2022 at 6:31 am

Please do not ask your agent to keep checking for a reduced price. If they have a hundred clients, and they checked at least once a week for all clients, they would be getting nothing else done. I was an agent for 30 years, and had to explain this to clients, it is far too much work for one person to check for all their clients. I used to tell them to watch their own price and let me know, then I can get to work and get the better price. That in itself is hard for agents, as with a lower price, an agent has a lot of work to do, by imputting new info, re-issuing a new invoice and all this for less commission on the lower price. The one time I did used to check for them was just before they paid final. I also did check if i was not too busy.Thx Gary, great stuff.

• October 12, 2022 at 6:31 am

how likely are you to get selected for the auto upgrade?

• October 12, 2022 at 6:31 am

I have done 8 Royal Caribbean sailings.. I was called by Royal Caribbean a few years ago and offered an upgrade from an ocean view to a balcony, on Allure of the Seas for just 50 $ p.p. It was my 5th sailing with them, and a good move by Royal, because since that – we realised how much more nicer a balcony is . So they won us over for future reservations of a Balcony ! Clever Marketing move by RCI !..

• October 12, 2022 at 6:31 am

Booked a cruise for march 2023. I’ve had all room types. Unfortunately to save money we have to book inside room this time. Definitely going to use some of your suggestions. 🤞actually just downloaded cruise watch

• October 12, 2022 at 6:31 am

Thank you for the tips, very informative, we have a family cruise in May and this will serve us as a guide, not only in a cruise but in other places as well.

• October 12, 2022 at 6:31 am

Am from Australia, and am booked on the Emerald Princess on Aug 25 for a round England and Ireland cruise. Could You please give me an idea of 1) how do I get from London to Southampton to get on the ship. 2) what are the covid testing protocols are before getting on board. 3) Do we need to get tested everytime I get off the ship at various ports? Thank you

• October 12, 2022 at 6:31 am

Definitely seconding the price tracking. I saw that my upcoming cruise was a good chunk cheaper than what I paid and called the cruise to re-price it. They gave me 2 options: Guaranteed Ocean View or Guaranteed Interior Balcony. Both were cheaper than my existing rate and so now I have a (small in a sense) upgrade to Guaranteed Ocean View. Now to see if I get an upgrade from that to a suite either via luck, bids, or something with the fact it's my birthday on day 2 of the cruise 😀

• October 12, 2022 at 6:31 am

I booked a family cruise this year with Royal Caribbean for $192/pp. when i checked a month later for the same cruise, same date, same ports, the priced dropped to $181. When I called the cruise line for a reprice, the representative kept telling me I already have the best price. I asked to speak to the supervisor and he said i didn't qualify because of the category I was in . Basically I didn't qualify for the repricing because I booked early and got my room assigned early. Smh. I think Royal Caribbean shouldn't offer the Best Price Guarantee Program if they are not going to keep their word. This is the first and last time i'll cruise with Royal Caribbean.

• October 12, 2022 at 6:31 am

We complained of a noise, very loud machinery noise that started at 12 pm and stopped at 5 am. They sent someone to have a listen at 10 am, we explained again when the noise started. He came back the following day with a kind of trumpet like object and stuck it against the window frame ( we had a huge porthole type window, once again we stated the time was all wrong, he said he couldn’t test it during the night as he didn’t work those hours. We kept complaining because we simply got no sleep. They moves us up a deck five days later with just two days left of the cruise. They told us the noise was the loose surrounds around the window but we had already found out that it was the machine that mulches up all leftover food, ads water to it then releases it. A big thanks to RCC Explorer OTS, never again.