15 Amazing Hotels in the Hotel Circle, San Diego-with Prices
Looking for the best hotels in the Hotel Circle San Diego, in the Mission Valley?
As you might already know, the Hotel Circle San Diego area lies only 10 minutes drive north of San Diego City and has a great location to reach both the city center and other popular attractions like San Diego Zoo, Mission Valley, Balboa Park, San Diego Seaworld, etc.
To help you save some time, in this post, I have already collected all the best hotels in the Hotel Circle San Diego and divided them by budget. I included info about prices per night, so you can check out the category that suits your pockets the most.
NOTE: Unfortunately, there aren’t many good accommodation options in this area, so several hotels mentioned in this travel guide are rated lower than what I usually recommend, but I wanted to include more choices in case the other ones get booked out.
To avoid that, make sure you book your favorite hotel a few months in advance so you save yourself a spot!
Are you ready to explore them all with me?
If you are in a hurry
If you don’t have the time to read the whole post, check out this quick list with the best hotels in Hotel Circle San Diego, Mission Valley:
Luxury (US$260 and up)
- Legacy Resort Hotel & Spa – This is one of the best hotels in San Diego Hotel Circle if you want to have access to great amenities! Guests here can relax in the beautiful outdoor pool, stay in shape at a fitness center, and have delicious dinner at any of the 2 on-site restaurants, serving Italian or American fare. The rooms are also great, featuring a private balcony or pool views. Just the perfect accommodation for both business travelers and families.
- Courtyard San Diego Old Town – Going on vacation with your whole family to San Diego and wondering where to stay? Then check out this amazing San Diego Mission Valley hotel, offering family-friendly guest rooms. Here you will wake up with a delicious free breakfast, relax and unwind in the hot tub or in the pool area and end your night with an American dinner at the on-site restaurant… doesn’t it sound like the perfect day?
- Hillcrest House Bed & Breakfast – This Bed and Breakfast is super cozy and tranquil styled with some elegant furniture that will make you feel immediately at home! Every room here features a private bathroom and shower, air conditioning, and a fridge, and some of the rooms even offer a fully equipped kitchen. Another plus? The host is super friendly and can give you helpful tips to explore San Diego.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites – This is one of the best hotels in San Diego Hotel Circle if you want to be close to SeaWorld and The San Diego Zoo, located only 10 minutes drive from it. But the property itself offers some great amenities, too, such as an outdoor pool and fitness center, and rooms with a seating area, an en suite bathroom, and a private balcony.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton – Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Mission Valley offers both family-friendly rooms and a super convenient location close to the San Diego Zoo and the Old Town San Diego State Historic Park. And when you’re not exploring the hotel’s surroundings, you can relax at the outdoor pool or keep yourself in shape at the fitness center!
Mid Range (US$170 – US$260)
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites San Diego – Mission Valley, an IHG Hotel – Located close to Balboa Park, this is the most modern hotel in the Mission Valley Hotel Circle of San Diego, featuring mid-century modern design and decorations. Rooms here feature walk-in showers, a refrigerator, and flat-screen television, and there are even connecting rooms for big families and friends traveling together. Other cool amenities of the hotel are the heated outdoor pool, the fitness center, and the business center!
- Hilton Garden Inn – This Mission Valley hotel is perfect if you are going to San Diego just for a short stay or if you are always afraid you’ll miss your flight, as it is located at only 5 minute’s drive from the San Diego Airport. But that’s not its only advantage: the hotel offers a delicious on-site restaurant, an outdoor pool, and guest rooms with free Wi-Fi, a coffee maker, and cable TV.
- Best Western Plus Hacienda Hotel Old Town – This hotel will offer you one of the most stunning views of San Diego Hotel Circle, featuring a big rooftop terrace with a traditional Mexican on-site restaurant. Guests here particularly love the comfortable rooms, featuring a cable satellite TV, a microwave and a refrigerator, and the heated outdoor pool, perfect for relaxing after an intense stay of visiting!
- Hampton Inn San Diego Mission Valley – Hampton Inn San Diego Mission Valley has a great location close to many attractions like Balboa Park and San Diego SeaWorld, perfect if you want to explore as much as you can during your vacation in San Diego City! Another plus? Any room you will choose to stay at will include a free and delicious daily breakfast buffet – the perfect way to start your day!
- Four Points by Sheraton – This Mission Valley hotel offers great value for the money and location at just 10 minute’s drive away from SeaWorld San Diego. Here you will sleep in a contemporary-style room with comfy beds (perfect for a good night’s sleep!), and get access to free parking, an on-site restaurant, or a year-round outdoor pool… what else do you need?
Budget (up to US$170)
- Old Town Inn – Located only an 8-minute walk from Old Town, this hotel is perfect if you are going on a vacation with the family and you want to save some money. Here the rooms are very spacious and come with free Wi-Fi, coffee-making facilities, and some of them even have a private kitchen. Start your day with a free grab-and-go breakfast and spend it relaxing at the pool or playing in the game room!
- Cosmopolitan Hotel – This is one of the most beautiful hotels in Hotel Circle San Diego, located in a historic building from 1869 with Victorian-style furnishings and offering great prices! Here you will have a delicious dinner or lunch at the on-site restaurant and a good night’s sleep in your elegant room with a private balcony and views of historic Old Town State Park or the hotel’s outdoor courtyard.
- Handlery Hotel – If you want to save some money but have access at the same time to cool amenities, this hotel in Hotel Circle San Diego is for you! The property offers a modern fitness center, a large outdoor pool, and a hot tub, as well as a great location close to the San Diego Zoo, the Riverwalk Golf Club, and many restaurants serving a variety of national cuisines!
- Days Inn by Wyndham – If you want to explore as many attractions as possible during your vacation in San Diego, this pet-friendly hotel is for you. Located close to the San Diego Seaworld, San Diego Zoo, Balboa Park, San Diego SeaWorld, know that you will have everything at your fingertips! And after an intense day of visiting, you can have lunch or dinner in one of the many restaurants nearby the hotel, and then relax in your room or by the pool!
- Kings Inn – This retro 60s-themed hotel is the ultimate accommodation in Hotel Circle San Diego if you want to have a vacation completely on a budget! Here your room will have all the modern amenities you can expect: hairdryers, free Wi-Fi, microwaves, a compact refrigerator, and flat-screen TVs. The perfect place for both families and business travelers!
NOTE: If you want to find some extra hotels in San Diego that are outside the Hotel Circle but still good options, check out our post about where to stay in San Diego!
FAQs about Hotel Circle San Diego hotels, Californifa
👑 Which are the best Hotel Circle hotels?
📍Which area of San Diego is the Hotel Circle San Diego?
The Hotel Circle San Diego, in the Mission Valley, is in an area that is a 10-minute drive north of San Diego city center. There are many hotel options in this area which is close to many local landmarks like Presidio Park, Mission Bay Park, Pacific Beach, Balboa Park, and many more: the perfect place for tourists!
💵 Which are the best hotels in Hotel Circle San Diego to stay on a budget?
The best hotels in Hotel Circle San Diego to save some money are: the Days Inn by Wyndham close to Balboa Park, or Handlery Hotel, offering many cool amenities and facilities for guests.
👀 What are the best things to do in San Diego, California?
San Diego, California, has many popular attractions for tourists, like the San Diego Zoo, the Fashion Valley Mall, Old Town San Diego, the Riverwalk Golf Club, San Diego SeaWorld, and the Gaslamp Quarter with its many restaurants.
👍🏼 Is Hotel Circle San Diego safe?
Yes, the Hotel Circle San Diego area is pretty safe, and gives you access to many beaches and tourist attractions like the Zoo, Balboa Park, Sea World, the Old Town area and many delicious restaurants.
Here we are at the end of the travel guide about the best hotels in the Hotel Circle San Diego area, Mission Valley, divided by budgets and including information about room prices per night.
We saw accommodation for families, business trip travelers, and hotels with a good location close to famous San Diego’s attractions like Balboa Park, the Old town, or the SeaWorld… So, which one is your favorite?
If you’re still undecided, I cannot blame you – we went through so many good options! So, let me give you an extra help with my 2 favorite hotels in Hotel Circle San Diego:
Do you like them? Then make sure you book them some months in advance. Remember, there are not many good hotels in Hotel Circle San Diego, so rooms in these accommodations get booked out incredibly fast!
And if you have any hotel suggestions or questions for me, make sure you share them in the comments below.
Have an amazing vacation!
Pin it for later!
Pin it for later!